Oct 22, 2007

insommnia

It's exactly 4am now, and I can't get back to sleep.
It's just one of those days when you toss and turn the whole time with no effect.
So here I am, staring at this screen, trying to pen down my latest thoughts.

I heard stories, of how friends are struggling to get their act together for the A-levels. And i see them slacking or giving up on themselves.

If you think you fit this description, please; Close this browser and hit the books. If you fuck A-levels up, You would be 18 years old, with no employable skills, a decent O-level cert, essentially young and hopeless.
What's next then? Australia is always a good option to run away. Their universities accept candidates with wide-ranging scores. Yet their universities are very, very expensive. Can you afford it? More importantly, can you live with yourself when you blow a sizable chunk (if not all) of your parent's retirement savings and/or coffin-money?

Another options would be those wtf-kind of American universities, where they have just-started, and are hence willing to accept anyone, even paying for you to go there. But this certificate is highly dubious to anyone. Would anyone accept it?

Locally, polytechnics beckon. But that would be a highly roundabout manner to get a diploma.

"Tertiary institutes" such as uniSIM, MDIS, KAPLAN also exist, but really what's the point? You can top the class or school there and a NUS student would still get more credit.

Like I said, Young and Hopeless.




When we're 80, I'm sure that we would understand our lives better than now. We all are here for a purpose; That I'm sure. But I wish someone could show me the way.
I really respect people who are able to grow the balls and drop out (bill gates) to pursue their dreams. I certainly don't dare to.

No comments: